BH Information Society Development – Legislation Database Project was requested by the BiH Council of Ministers and UNDP Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The overall objective of the project was to provide open access to relevant BiH laws and legal information through a web portal. The project purpose was to:
- establish a comprehensive database of all relevant BiH legislation at State, Entity and District Brcko level;
- create codes for laws according to EU standards and develop a categorization index of laws; and
- allow official gazette to gain revenues from subscription services for an advanced part of the web portal and database.
I was the part of the project team of company COMP-2000, who was a contractor on this project, and my responsibilities were to:
- design and create a relational database in MySQL DB,
- create PHP internet application with further functionality: flexible application which was able to accept numbers of prepared design templates, search engine for all entered document according to categorisation and relation between documents, web authentication with cookie, subscription between different servers on internet, (in our case min 2 server, on for FBiH and the other for RS)
- installation of the application on apache web server under linux OS;