For the implementation of SVN subversion system, I used open source solution CollabNet, (CollabNet Subversion Server version 1.7.5) which is installed and set up on Windows server 2003, together with Apache web server. As a client application, we are using TortoiseSVN. Authentication is done by using Apache web server authentication. (.htaccess)
SVN server is 2 times upgraded in 3 years without any problems, the last upgrade was from version 1.6.17-4 to 1.7.5-1. (August 2012.)
BH Information Society Development – Legislation Database Project was requested by the BiH Council of Ministers and UNDP Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The overall objective of the project was to provide open access to relevant BiH laws and legal information through a web portal. The project purpose was to:
- establish a comprehensive database of all relevant BiH legislation at State, Entity and District Brcko level;
- create codes for laws according to EU standards and develop a categorization index of laws; and
- allow official gazette to gain revenues from subscription services for an advanced part of the web portal and database.
I was the part of the project team of company COMP-2000, who was a contractor on this project, and my responsibilities were to:
- design and create a relational database in MySQL DB,
- create PHP internet application with further functionality: flexible application which was able to accept numbers of prepared design templates, search engine for all entered document according to categorisation and relation between documents, web authentication with cookie, subscription between different servers on internet, (in our case min 2 server, on for FBiH and the other for RS)
- installation of the application on apache web server under linux OS;
I installed and configured first web and e-mail server for ASA-Prevent Group at the beginning of year 2004., where I used Red Hat Linux 7.3, together with Symantec SMTP gateway for e-mail filtering. I’m very proud of this installation because this server utilized more than 15 web pages and 500 e-mails on a server with processor Pentium III 133 MHz, 256Mb RAM and 2 SATA disks. (this server reached more than 99,999% uptime)
Additionally, I installed a web proxy for internet access, which was also one of the products of Symantec Enterprise license.