At the end of October 2012. we started with the production of Business Intelligence (BI) project for the Statistics department of CBBiH. This was the end of the first phase, where Poslovna Inteligencija implemented a solution for GFS. (Government Finance Statistics) I was a member of the project team from the side of CBBiH with a role to support this project at all. After the first phase was finalized, I stayed on the project in the role of principal engineer for support and maintenance of the implemented GFS solution.
My project roles were:
- Consulting about choosing the right platform/technology for the project, (for the scope of business processes connected with the statistics department)
- Solution testing, the configuration of the MS SQL Server 2012, IIS 7.5, etc.
- Deployment of the solution/changes to the test and production environment; (solution done by Poslovna Inteligencija, web application, dtx packages, cube, etc.)
My roles for project support were:
- DBA of MS SQL Server 2012
- Administration of IIS
- The responsible person for changes and implementation of new functionalities in the scope of the project infrastructure; (ASP.NET MVC C#, SQL Server Analyses Services, SQL Server Integration Services)
Using generic application for Banking System, as a leader Oracle developer, I was responsible for maintenance and adding new modules and functionalities. The generic application is very flexible, (made in Oracle Forms 6i) gives the possibility to create a new module without a single line of PLSQL code. Of course, it’s possible to use PLSQL and Oracle Reports for some specific solutions. (e.g. calculation which is not included in the generic model, reports which are not standard generic model reports, etc.)
Generic model supports:
- Domains, (description of default parameters)
- Inheritance, (for the situations where we need additional parameters description)
- Contracts, (with a defined set of input parameters)
- Procedures, (with defined input parameters, subprocedures, bookkeeping procedures as a part of subprocedures, etc.)
- Parameter Tables; (possibility to define set of dynamic parameters and its values)
Application can produce HTML code (HTML web site automatically generated by database package, which produces more than 5000 HTML pages) as description of all entered values in generic application, so its very easy to find how contracts are defined, or how procedures are defined with all its description, or how booking procedures looks like, (bookkeeping schemes, with view on details on each accounting entry records related pairs) etc.
For the implementation of SVN subversion system, I used open source solution CollabNet, (CollabNet Subversion Server version 1.7.5) which is installed and set up on Windows server 2003, together with Apache web server. As a client application, we are using TortoiseSVN. Authentication is done by using Apache web server authentication. (.htaccess)
SVN server is 2 times upgraded in 3 years without any problems, the last upgrade was from version 1.6.17-4 to 1.7.5-1. (August 2012.)
This is a generic application, developed in Oracle Forms/Reports, with the main purpose to help the company to easily manage inventory during the year. (annual or monthly) The form of application is generic so that the end user (with administrator privileges) can prepare lists, which are then filled by the employee responsible for inventory. After all, lists are filled, there is a possibility to compare them automatically with current inventory states.
The application is connected to the general ledger, with the possibility to check the current balance of accounts.
Developed in Visual Studio 2003, this web application was a central application for help desk management in ASA Group, Sarajevo. Through the time, this application evolved and with a couple of new functionalities, it started to be used in Central bank of B&H from the year 2010. as an application for:
- Incident management,
- Help desk management,
- Project management;
The application has its custom forms of authentication, where roles on different modules are done by placing users into different groups. (with the possibility to restrict users to read, write, or both)
Implementation of automatic fax sender application, using Oracle Forms/Reports and GFI fax maker. This system send fax documents automatically, archave sent documents, logs activities connected with fax sending, HW and SW.
The main part of this system is Oracle form, who reads the meta data from database about fax documents ready for sending, then creates fax documents using Oracle reports (reports server) and sends this documents to the default printer. (NetPrintQueue2Fax) The system has 5 distributed fax server, where all source code changes are done by SVN software.
BH Information Society Development – Legislation Database Project was requested by the BiH Council of Ministers and UNDP Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The overall objective of the project was to provide open access to relevant BiH laws and legal information through a web portal. The project purpose was to:
- establish a comprehensive database of all relevant BiH legislation at State, Entity and District Brcko level;
- create codes for laws according to EU standards and develop a categorization index of laws; and
- allow official gazette to gain revenues from subscription services for an advanced part of the web portal and database.
I was the part of the project team of company COMP-2000, who was a contractor on this project, and my responsibilities were to:
- design and create a relational database in MySQL DB,
- create PHP internet application with further functionality: flexible application which was able to accept numbers of prepared design templates, search engine for all entered document according to categorisation and relation between documents, web authentication with cookie, subscription between different servers on internet, (in our case min 2 server, on for FBiH and the other for RS)
- installation of the application on apache web server under linux OS;
Implementation of web services as an interface between VW backbone, ELSA, ETKA and local software used for finance and service management.
I installed and configured first web and e-mail server for ASA-Prevent Group at the beginning of year 2004., where I used Red Hat Linux 7.3, together with Symantec SMTP gateway for e-mail filtering. I’m very proud of this installation because this server utilized more than 15 web pages and 500 e-mails on a server with processor Pentium III 133 MHz, 256Mb RAM and 2 SATA disks. (this server reached more than 99,999% uptime)
Additionally, I installed a web proxy for internet access, which was also one of the products of Symantec Enterprise license.
This was one of the biggest projects where I took a role
I was part of the team of Slovenian company Aster doo, (merged with S&T during the end of 2001.) who signed the Contract for Supplying and Implementation of the New Accounting and Banking Information System with Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Project team considered 5-6 Oracle developers, which successfully implemented this project until the end of Q2 2003. After implementation, the local branch office of S&T Group S&T BA doo was responsible for project maintenance, which was my lead role in the company.
- Development of functionality or modules on the system given by the project manager, (Oracle Forms/Reports, PLSQL, Perl)
- As an only local person in the team, I was appointed to be a deputy of project manager, (local coordination of the project)
- From time to time, I did administration on the OS True64 and Oracle DB 9i;
Main project modules were:
- Accounting, (general ledger)
- Banking, (generic application, where is possible to implement new module without a single PLSQL code line)
- Domestic payments,
- Foreign payments,
- Asset management,
- Salaries management,
Duration on the project: 16 months.